Thursday, December 25, 2008

Hello, World.

It's been weeks since my last post and so many exciting things have happened:

1) BlueCakeAndButtercup.etsy.com is doing very well, thank you etsy shoppers everywhere!

2) My first show was a success and I am very thankful to Sweetwolf and the folks at UBC Austin for the opportunity. I'm looking forward to lots more in 2009.

3) Working at the Armadillo Christmas Bazaar in Austin, Texas is fun for so many reasons. Although I don't work there as a vendor (but rather as production staff) it is a wonderful place to network and just meet great people. This year, the owner of Crystal Works in Austin noticed me making cards during a slow period at the "back desk" and bought them right on the spot. She reports that her customers are enjoying and buying my cards, which is totally thrilling.

Owls are getting lots of attention in the way of custom orders and retail interests. So that's what I'm doing in all my spare time: paper owls, stuffed owls, big owls, small owls, sleepy owls.....

xo melissa

No comments: