Monday, June 23, 2008

Bag Orders, New Fabric, and my first crochet flower

I'm back from New Orleans, and it was a lovely visit! In my spare time, I sewed vintage buttons on "pre" bags. The whipped up bag I made for myself drew some attention from friends and family (thank you SO MUCH!!!) and now I have 7 custom bag orders! This week I'm teaching a class at Austin Community College and have no time to sew until the weekend, poot!

Still, there are exciting things to report. First, my Spoonflower fabric order arrived today, and it came in this lovely package:


Upon unwrapping it, I was dee-lighted to see my own design printed on really nice cotton:


While in New Orleans, my Mom showed me how to crochet a 5 petal flower from Suzann Thompson's book Crochet Bouquet. It has tons of cute flower instructions, but I'm new so I had to start with an easy one. So this is my second flower (the first one was totally wack) after a lot of undoing and redoing.


More later when I'm not being teacher-lady.

No comments: